Vallee De Couleur
|Operating Hours||10:00 – 17:00|
|Operating Days||All Days|
|Transportation||Offered as Supplement|
|Comment||Mauritius Attractions offers various activities at Vallée des Couleurs such as: Quad biking, pond fishing, step jet, zip lines and many more. Contact us for more details.|
Visit Mauritius’ unique Vallée des Couleurs
La Vallee des Couleurs Reserve is home to various species of flora and fauna and a great place to enjoy selection of nature trips and fun activities.
Nature lovers are bound to like this place; it is quite a unique experience with the indigenous fauna and flora that abound in the park.
Visitors are treated with a range of natural landscapes, including plateaus, mountains, valleys, craters and crater-lakes.
A visit to Vallée des Couleurs
The visit to the reserve includes: the visit of Green valleys, Plateaus, Hills, Lakes, Waterfalls, Rivers, Volcanic ashes, 23 Coloured Earth, endemic and Indigenous Flora and fauna and access to the many facilities of the reserve such as the Kids Garden, Cafeteria and the restaurant.
The visit of La Vallee des Couleurs begins with the access to the Exhibition room which provides an outline of the different places of interest which you will discover through your visit.You will also enjoy the visit the fern garden, without which any visit in the park would be incomplete, unless one wants to miss out on the beauty of tree ferns, wild orchids or other native flowers like the Trochetia (Boucle d’oreille/Ear ring) and the Bouquet Banané (achna Mauriciana), which only blooms at the end of every year.
The unspoiled beauty of the land captures every heart and soul. The park is also home to tortoises, monkeys, stags, fish and also birds such as the Pink Pigeon, Paille en Queue, Cateau Vert with various endemic trees like the Ebony, Bois de Natte, Takamaka and other rare plants also contributing to the beauty of the park.
Vallée des Couleurs Cascades (Waterfalls)
Cascade Vacoas, Cascade Bois de Natte, Cascade Cheveux d’Ange and Cascade Chamouzé are the four wonderful waterfalls where visitors can listen to rustling water; relax in natural intimacy and feel inner peace. The park also offers a captivating and breathtaking panoramic view of the South Coast.
The 23 Coloured Earth
The origin of the 23 Coloured Earth dates back to millions of years after the volcanic eruption of the Bassin Blanc!
It is a phenomenon arising from volcanic activity and mineral deposits; totally unique to this one beautiful spot on earth.
The unique colors that can be seen at the 23 coloured earth are the result of a volcanic eruption when there is a high level of gas pressure, causing magma (molten rock deep within the Earth) to come to the surface. During the eruption, the cooling lava solidifies quickly and combines its chemical elements with silica structures into vitreous, small crystals. The chemical composition of basalt, ancient dark igneous rock, changes according to the conditions of the original magma (high pressure and high temperature gas saturation).
When exposed to the surface conditions, the mineral and chemical composition of the molten rock changes progressively. The weathering process that followed produced these different colors of the Earth that we can now observe.
You will have the opportunity to contemplate this fantastic piece of land on its many colors and discover firsthand this unique natural phenomenon.
What to Expect when visiting the Vallée des Couleurs?
The green vegetation, birds, Arthurium, green houses, deer park, endemic trees, beautiful prawn ponds, rivers and the multicolored earth, all makes the visit a must for all nature lovers.
A visit of the Vallée des Couleurs brings pleasure to all your senses; the songs of birds and the sound of water falling are music to the ears and the captivating and breathtaking panoramic views of the South Coast is a pure delight for the eyes.
- Every day from 10:00 to 17:00
- Other features to enjoy as part of the visit: Fern garden, Animal farm, Medical Plants, Orchard, Vegetable garden and Nursery.
- Duration of the total visit to the reserve: around 3-4 hours
Mauritius Attractions offers a special discounted Adventure Package at the Vallée des Couleurs
- Price per adult: 9 Euro
- Price per child (ages 6-11): 5 Euro
- Price per baby (ages 0-5): Free of charge
Include / Exclude
Transportation Standard Car
- Price of transportation depends on region
- Taxiserviceinmauritius provides round trip chauffeur services to and from your hotel in Mauritius. Taxiserviceinauritius is dedicated to provide the best service for a comfortable, affordable and efficient airport transfer, catamaran and tour services. Our service is of quality and at a competitive price. We operate one of the island’s largest fleet and offer our customer a wide choice of vehicles from Saloon cars, SUVs and executive cars for your comfort. All our drivers and vehicles hold valid and registered licences by the Republic of Mauritius. Our drivers are professional, efficient and friendly. We ensure that our service is customer-oriented and of highest standard for you to enjoy your activities and tours during your stay in Mauritius to the max.
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.