Swim with Dolphins – Chamarel – Safari & Bird Park
Visit selected exciting sights and attractions of Mauritius in one day!
This trip offers an exciting 2.5 hours of swimming with dolphins, as well as to some of Mauritius’ main sights and attractions such as the Safari & Bird Park, the village of Cahamrel and the 7 colored earth park.
You will get to discover the beautiful South West of Mauritius and experience exciting excursions such as the speed boat trip to see/swim with the dolphins and the safari bus trip inside the Yemen nature reserve.
As part of this day package you will visit and enjoy
- 2.5 hours swimming with dolphins
- Visit of the Casela Nature Park
- Visit of Chamarel Village
- Lunch at the amazing Varangue Sur Morne Restaurant**
- Chamarel Waterfalls
- Visit of the 7 Colored Earth Park
Excluded in the price of this special day package are
- Full transportation to all the sights
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
- A personal driver guide to show you around and inform you on each of the sights
Suggested Day Itinerary
- 06:00 – 07:00* Pick up from your place of accommodation
- 07:30 – 10:00 2.5 hours dolphins trip
- 10:30 – 10:40 Viewpoint of Tamarin Salt Pans
- 11:00 – 13:15 Visit of the Casela Nature Park
- 13:45 – 14:45 Lunch at the Restaurant of your choice**
- 15:00 – 16:00 Visit of Chamarel village including visit of Chamarel waterfalls
- and the 7 colored earth reserve
- 16:30 – 17:30 Drop off at your place of accommodation
*The exact pick up time will be determined according to the location of your place of accommodation.
** The lunch at the Varangue Sur Morne Restaurant is not included in the price of this trip.
Include / Exclude
Full transportation to all the sights
Pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation anywhere in Mauritius
A personal driver guide to show you around and inform you on each of the sights
Information about each Excursion
2.5 hours swimming with dolphins
A unique experience of 2.5 hours swimming activity with dolphins in their natural surroundings!
Immerse yourself in the adventure of a lifetime and swim with dolphins in crystal clear waters.
You will get a unique chance to discover the lives of these magnificent marine mammals in their natural aquatic habitat.
Swimming with dolphins is an incredibly moving experience which will bring you into contact with strikingly beautiful scenery, unspoiled landscapes and wonderful animals.
You’ll plunge into the remarkable world of these marine mammals and come face to face with the dolphins.
Unlike many other dolphin facilities that limit a swim with dolphins program to pools or shallow water encounters, we provide the unique opportunity to enter the dolphins’ natural environment and enjoy an encounter with the dolphins in open sea.
Once you get on board the speed boat, the skipper will brief you on the experience you are about to have and on the day itinerary.
Then you will be off for two and a half wonderful hours in the open sea with the dolphins!
For convenience, snorkeling equipment is available for you to use onboard the boat (free of charge).
Swimming with dolphins offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
The swimming with dolphins is a unique activity done on a speed boat.
A little information about Dolphins in Mauritius – Dolphins are one of the most fantastic creatures that live in the ocean. The dolphins are cheerful and playful, and became symbol of intelligence and grace. Dolphins live in pods of around 20 individuals or more and can be observed swimming casually from Tamarin (on the west coast of Mauritius) on their way to the deep sea off the coast of le Morne peninsula, everyday early in the morning. The Dolphins, the Bottlenose Dolphin and the Spinner Dolphin, have made the west coast of Mauritius a place for them to rest and sleep before going to the deep sea for their daily feeding.
- Note: there is a guarantee of 90% that you will see the Dolphins, but if it dose not happen, there will be no money refund, instead, we will offer you to join a second trip free of charge
- Snorkeling equipment is provided for you free of charge
- The trip is not recommended for pregnant women
- This trip is done on a speed boat
- This trips departs from the West Coast from the area of Tamarin
Tamarin Salt Pans
Owing to the exceptional high level of sunshine in the area, Tamarin historically became the heart of salt production in Mauritius.
The Tamarin Salt Pans, are the oldest in Mauritius and they date back to the French period. The Salt Pans are situated at the foot of the Black River mountain range, with close proximity to the sea. Today at the Tamarin Salt Pans, an area of about 30 hectare is still used to the salt making.
The salt pans are over a century old but the salt production system has remained the same. The sea water is pumped into large shallow pans made of basalt rock and the sea water is left to evaporate. After a few days, the salt residue is then harvested and stored away, ready to be sent to a refining plant.
During the period of June till December, at the early morning time, you will still find the traditional ‘Saunters’, walk across the salt pans, carrying on their heads wicker baskets full of salt.
As part of this tour, you will stop beside Tamarin Salt Pans for a view of the salt pans. With some luck, you will see the giant salt piles waiting to be harvested and the traditional ‘Saunters’ workers.
Visit of the Casela Nature Park – World of Adventures
About the Casela Safari and Bird Park The Mauritius Casela Park
is a real nature and adventure park. It is located besides the Rempart Mountain on the South-West of Mauritius offering magnificent views of the countryside rolling down the west coast of Mauritius.
The park includes four thematic worlds: Safari, Nature, Mountain and Water, as well as a hub for discovery and learning.
- Safari Kingdom: Quad, Photo-Safari, dedicated area for Big Cats, Elephants and suitable for safaris and interactions with Giraffes.
- Nature Kingdom: Bird Park, Canopy Park, Animal show.
- Mountain Kingdom: Canyoning, Via Ferrata, Zip Lines, Climbing Wall
- Water Kingdom: Wave pool, Toboggans (children and adults), a lagoon as well as an artificial river.
- Discovery Centre: 4D Cinema, discovery of natural science and History of Mauritius through giant 3D Maps.
The visit to the park includes
- Toboggan (Avalanche Mines) – a thrilling fun ride on the first toboggan slide in Mauritius. The Toboggan includes two slides placed on a slope on which one slips with buoys.
- Tulawaka Gold Coaster – an adrenaline-inducing alpine coaster that runs along 800m. Perfect for all thrill seekers. It can be ridden solo or in tandem.
- Walk thru the aviary – Walk through the bird aviary and interact with various colorful bird species from around the world.
- Safari photo – This great value tour lets you find yourself face-to-face with zebras, ostriches, deer, African antelopes, white rhinoceros, impalas and kudus during a unique safari tour on-board one of the safari vehicles.
- Big Cats Kingdom – For Big Cats lovers, this is a dream come true! Visit the Big Cats’ park to enjoy a close view of the lions, caracal and tigers.
- Giraffe and pygmy hippo viewing – Come face to face with these majestic animals for a unique viewing experience.
- Camel and llama viewing – Meet the camels and llamas, considered as one of the friendliest and most loving animals you will ever meet. Spend some time getting to know these amazing creatures.
- Monkey Kingdom – have some fun watching the long-tailed monkeys skip and hop about, in their enriched, natural habitat.
- Kid’s playground – A new kid’s playground that will offer sensation to the young ones!
- Petting farm and Tortoise pen – Ideal setting for people of all ages, especially children to interact with farm animals as well as tortoises.
- 3D Interactive Map and 4D Cinema
Chamarel Village – Visit of Chamarel Waterfall and Chamarel seven (7) colored earth. The village of Chamarel in southwest Mauritius is home to two natural wonders – the magnificent Chamarel waterfall and the seven colored earth of Chamarel. The seven colored earth is one of the wonders of Mauritius and is considered one of the must places to see.
The Seven Colored Earth of Chamarel is a geological curiosity and a major tourist attraction of Mauritius. This is an area of 7500 m2 of strikingly bare landscape located within a large, dense forest. The earth is particularly unusual; created by volcanic rocks that cooled at different temperatures, the earth form beautiful patterns of color in the exposed hillsides. The rocks were pulverized into sands with various shades of red, brown, grey, and purple. Since the earth was first exposed, rains had carved beautiful patterns of many colors into the hillside. When visiting the park, you will be able to walk between the many sand dunes, along trails and see this unique sight. Also, there is a small petting farm where you can see and pet Giant Turtles which found their home at the park.
Chamarel Waterfall. As part of the visit of Chamarel village, you will also have a great viewpoint of the gorgeous Chamarel waterfall. By many it is considered the most beautiful waterfall of Mauritius. Three distinct streams plunge down from almost 100 meters from the St. Denis River, down into the gorge. The sight of this impressive waterfall against the scenic forest and mountains is truly breathtaking.
Lunch Menu at Varangue Sur Morne Restaurant
As part of this tour, we offer you to enjoy a delicious lunch and a unique dining experience at the beautiful Varangue sur Morne restaurant which is nestled high up in the Black River mountains. The view of the south-west coast, from Le Morne to Black River is unsurpassable in beauty as it stretches from dense forests the haven of monkeys, wild deer and varied birds, amongst others – to the shimmering turquoise and blues of the Indian Ocean.
Varangue sur Morne has overtime, hosted important events and functions, with well-known personalities, such as Mrs Sonia Gandhi, Prince Edward, President Jacques Chirac, Robert de Niro, and important dignitaries / Heads of States.
Additional information regarding this day tour package
- This tour package is suitable for any age (including infants)
- Tulawaka Gold Coaster: Riders can go solo as from 12 years old (minimum height 1m40) or in tandem. Those under 4 years old should be accompanied by an adult
- Prices of Transportation varies from region to region.
- Taxiserviceinmauritius provides round trip chauffeur services to and from your hotel in Mauritius. Taxiserviceinauritius is dedicated to provide the best service for a comfortable, affordable and efficient airport transfer, catamaran and tour services. Our service is of quality and at a competitive price. We operate one of the island’s largest fleet and offer our customer a wide choice of vehicles from Saloon cars, SUVs and executive cars for your comfort. All our drivers and vehicles hold valid and registered licences by the Republic of Mauritius. Our drivers are professional, efficient and friendly. We ensure that our service is customer-oriented and of highest standard for you to enjoy your activities and tours during your stay in Mauritius to the max.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types
- Family Car – Up to 4 passengers
- 6 Seater vehicle – Up to 6 passengers
- Minivan – Up to 12 passengers
About the drivers
- All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize driver who speaks additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
- All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
As part of this day package, it is Compulsory to book for the transport service as well and below, please find the prices breakdowns:
- Private Daily Tour in a family Car (for up to 4 people):100 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a 6 Seater vehicle (for up to 6 people): 113 Euro
- Private Daily Tour in a Minivan (up to 12 people): 138 Euro
The Prices are per vehicle referring to the number of passengers applicable for each vehicle type.
Excursions & Entry Tickets Packages
When ordering this day package you benefit special discounted package price on these trips and excursions.
Included in the price: 2 hours swimming with dolphins trip, visit of safari and bird park, safari bus trip, entry tickets to all the sights.
The special discounted price for this package:
- Price per Adult: 72 Euro
- Price per Child (3-12): 49 Euro
- Price per Baby (0-2): Free of Charge
Important Details to Submit
In order to process your booking, client MUST provide the following details at the comment box during the order process:
- Name of each participant as per the passports
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.